Top Quote: Characteristics of the Most Successful Economies
Posted by Bert Maes on May 21, 2010
The crisis has demonstrated that we can’t rely on finance to generate growth and drive recovery, but must restore innovation and manufacturing as the engines of added value in the economy, said Richard Olver, the chairman of BAE Systems Plc.
- excellent education systems,
- high levels of investment in research and development,
- strong links between industry and educational institutions (!),
- determination to increase exports,
- and an ability to translate research into products and services that sell.
Dear Reader: Do you know more characteristics?